Learn how to market both yourself and your company – Be exceptional and Succeed.
‘The “Smart Guide” to MARKETING’ by Jack Gaskell is a #1 New Release. It is a handbook to achieving a reputation of brilliance and reveals the easiest way for you to succeed in any profession or business. Learn what is common to all enterprises, such as: building your reputation, finding and keeping clients/customers, promoting new work/projects, distinguishing yourself with achievements and awards, being selected over your competition, and managing your practice/business profitably.Be exceptional and Succeed.
- Be exceptional: There is no point in striving for a great reputation if you can’t produce exceptional services/products. Be exceptional and Succeed.
- Get known: Attend meetings of local industry organizations.
- Start a contact list: including both business and personal information. Include anyone who might use your services/products or recommend you.
- Become an officer: Volunteer for committees and after you become accepted, let it be known that you want to be an officer.
- Win awards: After you have been active in an organization, nominate another involved member for an award and they will later return the favor. Or have a mutual friend suggest it.
- Start saving: You’ll need equity, good credit, and banking relations to start a business.
- It doesn’t just happen. You make it happen. Be exceptional and Succeed.
- Business announcement. Make your business announcement outstanding. It should look like a wedding invitation on fine thick paper with raised letters.
- Letterhead and business cards. Create elegant letterhead and business cards. Parchment with raised letters would be a good choice.
- Your brochure is the face of the company. It will evolve as your firm grows. Try to make it versatile and something that will make you proud and distinguish you from your competitors.
- Don’t forget to send out announcements of awards, new services/specialties, and anniversaries.
- Always consider public speaking as an opportunity. By becoming an officer of one or more of your industry organizations you will progressively gain more and more public speaking training, so when you become the organization’s president you will be an accomplished public speaker.
- Send notes. Never forget to send thank you notes, and look for opportunities to send notes of congratulations. You don’t even need to know someone to recognize their achievements.
- Your notebook: to record information, such as office procedures, your contact list, formulas, calculations, definitions, and anything that you might need again. Your lap-top will be your notebook.
- Spend time: Reading magazines in your industry, plus articles regarding business trends, and current affairs.
- Success: Includes: happiness, wealth, respect, good health, family and friends, interests, and charity. The starting point of success is happiness and not wealth. But wealth should not be overlooked. Make a prioritized list of your own ideas of the components of success and develop a plan to accomplish your goals.
- White paper: A white paper is a report or guide to help readers to understand an issue. After you have prepared a white paper, reread it several times, and commit much of the information to memory. They will serve as a useful future reference and possibly the basis of a magazine article authored by you.
- Collect business cards: Start a contact list, including both business and personal information. Create a form for each person on your contact list. Each time that you contact the person, list the date and details on this sheet.
- Articles: Try to publish at least one article per year in the most prominent magazine in your industry. Being a published author is the quickest and most effective way to boost your reputation. Write about your projects or clients or timely issues in your industry.
- Designing, printing, and distributing reprints of your articles is one of the keys to being successful.
- Public speaking: Almost any kind of speaking engagement enhances your image and credibility.
Excerpted from ‘The “Smart Guide” to MARKETING’ Copyright © 2020 by Jack Gaskell. All rights reserved. Permission is hereby granted to copy and distribute this “Smart Guide” tip, upon condition that this message remains. Visit: https://www.TheEngineersResource.com for additional tips. Be exceptional and Succeed.