John D. Gaskell, Retired Professional Engineer, has authored three new books:
Jack’s first book is: The “Complete Guide” to CONSULTING ENGINEERING. In essence, his readers discover “step-by-step” how to start & manage an “outstanding” Engineering Practice and exactly how to gain a reputation as an expert in their specialty. This is both a handbook for new engineers and a constant reference manual for seasoned professionals.
His second book is: The “Outline Guide” to CONSULTING ENGINEERING. It is a condensed and abridged summery of the detailed advice provided in the “Complete Guide”. It is intended for engineers looking for just the facts; without the stories and background. It is intended to be like the “Cliff’s Notes” version of the Complete Guide.
Jack’s third book is The CONSULTING ENGINEER’S “Guidebook” and is an excerpted and extended version of the “Complete Guide”. It is the result of requests from many readers to narrow the focus to the goals of:
- Becoming an “outstanding” consulting engineer.
- Gaining a reputation as an “expert” in their specialty; and
- Obtaining the engineering “management skills” needed to advance their career and make the firm stand out from their competitors.
Go to Jack’s website: TheEngineersResource.com, use coupon code “paperback” and save.
In each of these books, learn the answers to your most compelling questions about consulting engineering:
- Is it the right career choice for you? Consider what this fascinating profession entails and how it will change your life.
- Do you know how to calculate the best fee quote for each project? Learn the “insider” secrets to winning quotes that will make your projects profitable.
- Do you want to become known in the engineering community and develop an impressive list of contacts, achievements, and awards? Learn how easy it is and how you can do it.
- Do you want to be considered an “expert” in your specialty? If so, learn how to become a published author and how gratifying it can be to see your words in print.
- Do you want to be part of an exceptional engineering practice? If so, you will learn how to make, both you and your firm, “outstanding.”
- Would you like to more than “double” your firm’s selection rate for projects? Learn how to prepare the best marketing materials and implement effective marketing methods.
- Would you like to add a “specialty” that allows you to charge one and one-half to two times your normal hourly rate? If so, consider the profitable and fascinating field of “forensic engineering.”
These books are available on Amazon.com; Barns & Noble.com; Nook.com; & Kindle.com.
However, if you go to Jack’s website: TheEngineersResource.com, use coupon code “paperback” and save. Both paperback & hardcover versions are available as well as gift packages. Also, avail yourself of free chapters and free downloads, as well as other useful information and advice for Consulting Engineers.
The “Deluxe Gift Package” are hard Cover (casewraped) books. Also available in paperback.