MARKETING TIP LIST
By: John D. Gaskell, author of:
You are what you are perceived to be. Let me show you how to become a “MARKETING” genius.
MARKETING TIP LIST (Part 7 of a multi-part article)
- Project a “smart” and professional image by your dress and confident appearance.
- Dress for success. Men should wear a suit or sport coat and tie. A suite and bow tie worked best for me. Women should wear a sweater and black dress pants or a blazer and skirt.
- Look people in the eye and always have a smile on your face.
- Make your Business Announcement outstanding. It should look like a wedding invitation on fine, thick paper with raised letters.
- Create elegant Letterhead & Business Cards. Parchment with raised letters and no logo would be a good choice.
- Your Brochure is the face of the company. It will evolve as your firm grows. Try to make it versatile and something that will make you proud and distinguish you from your competitors.
- Your Mailing List is your most important promotional tool. Expand it to include those who may recommend you. Send all mailings to the entire list. Send a minimum of two per year including: up-dates, announcements and holiday cards.
- Create the lists & forms: These should match your firm needs, including an expanded contact list.
- Don’t overlook Promotional Items. Consider personalized note paper, post cards, pens, and anniversary stickers.
- Write and publish technical articles. Send reprints to your mailing list and include them with your brochure. Everyone will consider you to be an “expert” in your field.
- Make news Announcements. Don’t forget to send out announcements of awards; new services/specialties; and anniversaries.
- Expand your sources for leads. Include your Contact & Mailing Lists.
- Offer new Specialty Services. There is usually no competition for specialty services and no limitation on fees.
- Always consider Public Speaking opportunities. This is especially important when you are trying to promote a new service or new specialty. Also hold seminars regarding “issues-of-the-day” in your industry. This shows clients that you are up-to-date and gives you the opportunity to nurture your friendship with their staff.
- Entertain clients & potential clients. If a problem occurs with the services of your firm, clients are more likely to tell you and allow you to make corrections, if you and your spouse are friends. They are also more likely to give the next assignment to a “friend”.
- Send Notes. Never forget to send Thank You Notes and look for opportunities to send notes of Congratulation. You don’t even need to know someone to recognize their achievements.
- Open Houses and Parties. These are great ways to thank your clients, show off your celebrity clients and to tell them all about new specialties and show & tell about exciting projects.
- Follow this tip list and see your contacts grow.
If you truly want to be perceived as “The smartest person in the room”, follow this marketing tip list and get Jack’s new book: How to become the “SMARTEST PERSON” in the Room, and learn the details. You are what you are perceived to be. Let me show you how to become a “MARKETING” genius. Visit: TheEngineersResource.com to find out more.
Excerpted from How to become the “SMARTEST PERSON” in the Room. © 2018 John D. Gaskell. Used with permission of Professional Value Books, Inc. All rights reserved. Order at TheEngineersResource.com. Use coupon code “room” and save.
Learn how to become admired. Find out how to become the smartest person in the room. Discover how to become a marketing genius. Find out how to appear knowledgeable. Learn how to obtain training as a public speaker.